Private Blood tests at Manchester pharmacy
Blood tests determine your overall health.
At Manchester Pharmacy we provide blood test’s. Blood test’s have a wide range of use’s and are one of the most common types of medical test’s. Blood test’s can check for infection’s, see the functionality of certain organ’s, like your liver and kidney’s. They can also screen for certain genetic condition’s and check your overall health.
Most blood test’s only take a few moments to be carried out at local GP surgery or other health clinic you attend.
When it comes to preparing for a blood test, a healthcare professional at Manchester pharmacy who arrange’s your blood test will provide you with any specific instructions that you may need to follow before your test. For example, depending on the type of blood test, you may be asked to avoid eating or drinking anything (fasting) apart from water, for up to 12 hours and to stop taking certain medicines. Its important to follow the instruction’s you’re given, as it may affect the result of the test and will be delayed or carried out another time.
- Blood test’s show the function of your organs
- They will show your vitamins and minerals status, your blood reports will inform you about the level of these essential nutrient’s in the body, this can help you to make change’s to your diet according to your needs/deficiencies.
- Will keep you up to date with your (biomarkers) which is your platelet count, haemoglobin, white blood cells. These are important to keep track of as they are essential to your health and can inform you about potential infection’s, anemia and blood clotting.
The routine for blood tests
At Manchester pharmacy our routine for a blood test usually involves taking a blood sample from a blood vessel in your arm. Before taking the sample, the doctor or nurse will clean the area of the skin with an antiseptic wipe.
A needle is inserted to draw a sample of your blood. You may feel a slight pricking or scratching sensation as the needle goes in, however it shouldn’t hurt. If you don’t like needles and blood, tell the person who is taking the sample so they can make you more comfortable. When the sample has been successfully taken the needle will be removed. Pressure will be applied using a cotton-wool pad. A plaster may be put on the small wound to keep it clean. If you have any after-effects make sure to let a health professional know.
Diagnosing off blood tests
Blood test’s at Manchester pharmacy cannot diagnose many diseases and medical problems. Other criteria may be considered by your doctor in order to confirm a diagnosis. They will test you off your symptom’s, medical history, vital signs (blood pressure, respiration, pulse and temperature).
At Manchester pharmacy some test result’s will be ready the same day or a few days later, although others may be available in a few weeks. You’ll be told when your results will be ready and how you’ll be given them.
Sometimes, receiving results can be stressful and upsetting. If you’re worried about the outcome of a test from Manchester pharmacy, you may choose to take a trusted friend or relative with you. For some test’s such as HIV, you will be offered specialist counselling to help you deal with your results. You will also receive advice for dealing with HIV if diagnosed.
Manchester pharmacy provide blood tests to:
- Examine how well organs like the kidneys, liver, thyroid, and heart are functioning
- Make sure your medication’s are working
- Check your risk factor’s for heart disease
- Diseases and condition’s such as cancer, HIV/AIDS
- Test your blood’s ability to clot
Blood Tests Available:
Select the type of blood test you require from below and click to book.
On the booking stage select BLOOD TESTS then availability and simply pay a deposit of £20
On the treatment day you can pay for the Blood Test you require from below